In today’s world, having a straight, bright, and beautiful smile is more important than ever. In the age of smartphones and viral videos, you never know where your smile might wind up on display. For this reason, more and more people are using invisible braces to straighten their teeth and improve their oral health.
Don’t let crooked teeth make you feel ashamed of your smile anymore. Charming Smiles of La Quinta offers the most modern and noninvasive orthodontic treatment options. Call our office today to schedule a consultation.
What Are Invisible Braces?
Invisible braces, a.k.a. clear aligners are transparent trays that go over your teeth to guide them into alignment over time. Unlike other teeth straighteners, invisible braces can come out whenever you need to remove them. Orthodontists offer invisible braces to treat such issues as:
- Spaces between teeth
- Crowding of teeth
Benefits of Invisible Braces
One of the most notable benefits of getting clear aligners is the aesthetic quality. Unlike traditional braces that make you look and feel uncomfortable with a mouth full of metal, invisible braces are barely noticeable while you go about your day. Most of your friends, colleagues, and coworkers won’t know you’re wearing them unless you tell them.
Some of the other benefits of invisible braces are:
- You can brush and floss easily because you can take them out whenever you need to.
- There are no extra steps to your oral hygiene routine.
- They are typically cheaper than metal braces.
- The treatment times tend to be shorter with invisible braces than with traditional ones.
- You don’t need to worry about food getting trapped under your braces or the brackets loosening.
What Is the Treatment Process?
The first step is meeting with our orthodontist and going through an assessment to determine whether invisible braces are the best option for your condition. Next, we scan your mouth using a state-of-the-art camera and send the results to a lab that creates the aligners you’ll use throughout the treatment process. While you’re going through the process, remember to do the following:
- Keep your invisible braces in your mouth for at least 20 hours a day.
- Clean your braces daily with warm water or a dentist-provided solution.
- Use a new set of braces every two weeks.
- Take out your invisible braces whenever you eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- Visit your dentist frequently so they can ensure the treatment is working correctly.
How Long is the Treatment Time?
Treatment times vary based on the situation. Some people complete treatment as quickly as six months, while others with a more complex issue could take up to 24 months to see final results.
Contact Charming Smiles Dentistry Today
Are you curious about invisible braces? Let our experienced orthodontist examine your teeth to determine whether clear aligners are the best treatment option. Call our La Quinta, CA, Office at (760) 354-8376 to schedule your consultation today!