Dealing with gum disease, cavities, or harmful wisdom teeth may require oral surgery. While we prefer to save the tooth, oral surgery or extractions may be the best solution for your oral health problems. At Charming Smiles of La Quinta, we strive to make every dentistry solution as painless as possible.
Whether you have a specific oral issue or want a check-up, we make scheduling a consultation easy.
What Exactly Is Oral Surgery?
Oral surgery targets specific issues inside your mouth. Oral surgeons typically combine these treatments with maxillofacial surgery, which involves inspecting and correcting face and jaw problems. These fields of dentistry can cover various areas, including the following:
Removal of Wisdom Teeth
One of the most common reasons people need teeth extraction is to remove their wisdom teeth. Unfortunately, most people who grow wisdom teeth don’t have enough room. This lack of space leads to overcrowding, impaction, infections, and other painful circumstances.
Besides a wisdom tooth removal, you may need to extract teeth for the following reasons:
- You have seriously damaged teeth that are beyond repair.
- You have baby teeth remaining that prevent permanent teeth from settling in.
- You have partially ruptured or impacted teeth.
- You need to remove any loose teeth to receive partial or full dentures.
You may need corrective jaw surgery following a lost tooth or tooth extraction. Alveoloplasty is a procedure that smooths out and reshapes the jaw where the removed tooth is.
The jawbone part containing the teeth is known as the alveolus, while plasty refers to molding. This oral surgery procedure works by placing a bone graft inside the tooth socket. Gum tissue then goes over the socket secured by sutures.
Implementing this surgery right after removing a tooth is best to avoid needing to perform the operation later.
Our Charming Smiles of La Quinta team can also provide dental implants. A dental implant can help improve your smile and mouth functions if you’re missing a tooth. This procedure works by implanting a prosthetic tooth via surgery.
How Our Oral Surgery Works
Our oral surgery process follows three main steps:
- Booking an appointment: Our staff aims to find a time that works best for you and your busy schedule. We’re open seven days a week, but only by appointment on Saturdays and Sundays.
- A hassle-free procedure: We can begin the process after determining if you need oral surgery. We strive to make the entire process as stress-free as possible. It’s our goal to keep you comfortable throughout your session.
- Peace of mind: Dental procedures can make your smile more confident while restoring essential oral functions. We can prescribe medication to prevent issues like swelling. We also may suggest only eating soft foods for a few days and not using straws.
Call Our Professional Oral Surgeons Today
The thought of needing oral surgery can be scary, but prolonging treatment can cause more significant issues.
Gain professional dentistry care by calling our dental professionals at Charming Smiles of La Quinta in California at (760) 354-8376!